Friday, March 30, 2012
Three weeks ago today we brought the chicks home...and you can see how quickly they grow! We decided it was time to give them a safe place to explore outside so this afternoon we put together this temporary "cage". They were quite happy after they got over the stress of being moved from their small bin. They pecked and poked around for about two hours out there and finally all collapsed and took a nap in a shady part. (It took me and Lily quite a looong time to grab them all out of the bin and put them on the grass. They are faster now... and frankly are quite boney feeling and it freaks me out a bit to have them in my grasp for long. I think it's that in between stage of not all feathers are in and some downy fluff is still there, etc. It was after our struggle with them and a few yelps from us, not the chicks, that I noticed our neighbor had been watching the whole time. The gate had been left open and he had a perfect view into the back yard. Quite entertaining, I'm sure... to say the least.)
We plan to keep the chicks out in the yard each day if the weather permits. They will continue to spend most of their time, however, in the garage.
I've posted a few extra pics at the bottom of this page. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment