Friday, March 16, 2012
Homemade Salsa
I have always enjoyed eating salsa but recently discovered how much more I love it...when it's homemade. I tasted some that a friend had brought to the Superbowl party and loved it, so I asked her for her recipe. She wrote it down and admitted she couldn't take credit as she had gotten it from another friend at church.
This all came at a good time as Tim had given me a food processor for Christmas and I hadn't yet tried it out. (He knew I wanted a processor specifically for making salsa...I just hadn't found a recipe I wanted to try yet.)
So, I will share the recipe with you. I don't have exact measurements because I drastically tweaked the original recipe to suit out taste. I like a lot of kick in my salsa!
1 large can of whole, peeled tomatoes (drained)
2 jalapenos
3/4 white onion
1 large fresh tomato
1 small bunch of cilantro
garlic powder
crushed red pepper
ground cumin
salt
Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend to desired texture.
This recipe makes about 5 cups of salsa. The first batch I made was gone by the end of the week. I immediately made a second batch! It was gone just as quickly as the first! If it wouldn't make my eyes water quite so much...I'd eat it with a spoon! I love it! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks yummy! Daniel and Elizabeth love it with a kick. I will have to try this! xo
ReplyDelete